Challenging
I started 2008 with the intention to participate in the Decades Challenge, but various turns of life took my reading in other directions (or temporarily stopped it entirely), so I decided to bow out, rather than driving myself crazy over a game.
But I want to expand my book blog reading, so in 2009 I think I'll try to follow through on some challenges. There are enough of them that dovetail with what I'd be reading anyway, and I guess what I need is undemanding networking.
Linked from Bookgirl's Nightstand is this challenge clearinghouse maintained by Wendy, where I found a number of possibilities:
- Read 12 books from your public library.
- Read a selected number of books you own.
- Read 6 books in translation.
- Read books linked thematically by title.
- Read from A to Z (title or author).
- Read a few classics.
- Read those books that Yann Martel keeps sending to Stephen Harper.
- Read Chekhov stories.
- Decades (again)
No comments:
Post a Comment