Sounds Intriguing #1
I'm experimenting with better ways of keeping track of my to-read list - or, more accurately, my list of new (or not-so-new) titles that have lately come to my attention (or found a new reason to intrigue me). So I think I'll try periodically recording them here.
- Via NPR: Life and Death are Wearing Me Out - Mo Yan
- Via NPR and Sam of BookChase: Wild Nights!: Stories About the Last Days of Poe, Dickinson, Twain, James, and Hemingway - Joyce Carol Oates
- Via NYT Sunday Book Review: Personal Days - Ed Park
- And the thematically related: Then We Came to the End - Joshua Ferris
- Also via NYT: Dear American Airlines - Jonathan Miles
- Via Stefanie of So Many Books: Goldberg: Variations - Gabriel Josipovici
- Also: The Secret of Lost Things - Sheridan Hay
- Also (one that I forgot about the first time around): The Uncommon Reader - Alan Bennett
- Also (because Stefanie recommends so compellingly): Flaubert's Parrot - Julian Barnes
- Via I don't know: How I Became Stupid - Martin Page
Mella,
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear what you think abbout the Secret of Lost Things- my review is here. Have you read The Thirteenth Tale?
I see I've convinced you to add a couple of books to your list. Hmmm, what else can I get you to add? ;)
ReplyDelete