Library Book Sale
The periodic Friends of the Library book sale took place this weekend at my local branch of the Suburban Selfimportantville Regional Library System. Over the years I've become more and more selective about what I pick up there - I love books, naturally, but if I'm going to lay down my $2 and give a volume space on my shelves, it has to be something I genuinely want to own, and it has to be a decent edition in good condition. Those two conditions, in combination with the typical selection, makes it easier to limit my purchases to a reasonable quantity than it might otherwise be.
What I picked up this time:
- The Scarlet Letter (a favorite - I didn't have a good edition of this)
- War and Peace (ditto)
- A Brief History of Time
- Seabiscuit (paperback - picked up to give to someone I've always thought would like it)
No comments:
Post a Comment